What is Respite Care?
“Temporary care of a dependent elderly, ill, or handicapped person, providing relief for their usual caregivers.”
Our Respite Care Program (short-term stay) can be an ideal living situation for an older adult or disabled person who needs support with day-to-day tasks, even offering daily medical care as needed. Journey Senior Living of Merrillville offers room & board and care opportunities. Respite Care provides temporary care for your loved one while providing relief for their usual caregivers and peace of mind for family members. During a respite stay, you or your loved one will receive the same amenities and services provided to full-time residents. Some exceptions may apply.
WORRY-FREE, COMMUNITY LIVING
At Journey Senior Living of Merrillville, individuals can enjoy a safe, home-like environment without the work and worry that come with living on their own or with a caregiver. Our team provides the daily assistance our residents need, such as meal preparation, house-cleaning, medication monitoring and personal care, while maintaining a friendly and supportive community atmosphere. We work hard to ensure that no detail is overlooked and that each of our residents is treated with the respect, compassion and dignity he or she deserves.
Need something more than Respite care? We also offer transitional care for seniors that are no longer safe at home, cannot complete activities of daily living, or a caregiver is simply overwhelmed. Our transitional care includes:
- Furnished apartments for a smooth transition
- Nutritious chef prepared meals (3 per day), plus snacks
- Home environment assessed for safety by a licensed therapist
- Individualized Care Plan created based on assessment results
- Medication management
- Secure private apartment
- Life Enrichment Program Activities
Transitional Care BASE Services:
- Participation in physician prescribed therapy services – Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Cardiac Therapy
- Free WiFi
- Cable TV
- Use of all community amenities including Beauty Salon, Lounge Areas, Library, Computer Room, Concierge Services, Beautiful Spacious Courtyards
- Access to Daily Community Activities
- 24 Hour care staff onsite
- Weekly follow up by our Wellness Director for 30 Days after returning to home environment
Transitional Care PLUS Services:
- All of the above
- Medication Administration
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Assistance with one Weekly Shower or Bath
If the need for transitional care exceeds 30 days, then the rates will transfer to monthly fees for room & board and separate care level fees applying as identified by an assessment.
Respite Care or Transitional Care?
Which is the right choice for your loved one? Contact us today to have our team help determine the right fit. We know this can be a difficult decision, so we are here for you to make it easier! Call us today or fill out our online form with questions, concerns, or to schedule a tour.